GIVING | Why do we give?
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
Every tenth of the land’s produce, grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. Leviticus 27:30
At Canaan we practice tithing for the support of Christ’s Body, the church, as God commands. We recognize that giving at least 10% of our income is the Bible’s standard of giving.
Contributions are accepted through tithing, giving to our Elevate building fund, or contributing to the Great Commission Offering. To give online, please click or touch the GIVE icon below.
How does online giving work?
- First time? — If this is your first time using Easy Tithe, use the link above and in a browser, click the 'First Time - New User Registration' OR on a mobile device, touch the ‘Create account’ button to make your first gift.
- Quick Give — If you’d like to give without login, visit the above link and click 'Quick Give' to proceed.
- Giving Options — You have the option to give either a one-time or a regularly recurring gift to a variety of giving opportunities within the church.
- Online giving fees — Canaan is willing to pay these fees in order to make giving accessible to everyone. However, if you feel led, in addition to your gift you may cover the processing fees by simply checking the 'Add 2.5% to help cover costs of processing?' box prior to submitting your gift.
- Need technical support? — Contact Easy Tithe M-F 9am-7pm (EST) and Saturday/Sunday 9am-6pm (EST) at 1-888-778-4843.
The benefits of setting up a scheduled gift in Easy Tithe include:
• No more forgetting from one week to the next; no more inconsistent giving.
• Ensures that you are being obedient to the Biblical directive to give.
• Helps members plan their budgets more effectively to include giving.
• Helps the church with its financial planning
For technical support, contact Easy Tithe M-F 9am-7pm (EST) and Saturday/Sunday 9am-6pm (EST) at 1-888-778-4843.