Sports & Arts for Kids Camp
MONDAY–FRIDAY // 9AM-12:30PM
Completed K—5th grade
Canaan Baptist Church is located in South County
5409 Baumgartner Rd. St. Louis, MO 63129
(online registration only)
We would like to invite you to join us at Canaan Baptist Church for our SPORTS & ARTS CAMP for kids this summer. SPARK! promotes character and self-esteem through disciplined practice and equal playing time for each child. Children will have the opportunity to work as a team, improve their sports, music, dance or art skills, while connecting with other children and Christ.
- SPARK! sports and arts camp is for kids who have completed Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Kids don't have to attend Canaan Baptist Church to come to camp - but everyone must register online (REGISTER NOW!!! — ONLINE ONLY)
- $12 fee per child (price is an additional $10 per child for Art ONLY).
- Please sign your child up considering the grade your child has completed.
- Camp begins each day at 9am and ends each day at 12:30pm.
- Kids should wear closed toed shoes and NO sandals at camp.
- Since many of the activities occur outdoors, please be sure to apply sunscreen each morning before arrival.
- SPARK! Night will be Sunday, July 14 (end of camp celebration)
- Pre-game Event (packet pick-up): All who have registered online need to attend Sat. July 6 @9am-noon OR Sun. July 7 @noon-3pm.
SPORTS & ARTS PROGRAM TRACKS:
Take me out to the ballgame—or at least teach me how the game works. We encourage children to bring their own gloves. Sign up today to be a part of America's favorite past time.
This is traditional basketball where you'll learn to dribble, shoot, and work as a team. Children will learn the basics from skilled coaches and leaders, and will be given the opportunity to scrimmage.
We'll work on footwork, positive team work, and having fun with the game of soccer. Coaches and leaders will teach kids the basics and/or help them improve their ability to play. Shin guards are encouraged but not required.
Fine tune your singing skills while learning a few songs to perform at the end of camp. This will be a great time for kids to learn new songs that have a positive message from God's Word.
This is a great opportunity for those who are interested in learning dance for the first time or those who already are trained in dance. The kids will practice dance routines to perform in the musical at the end of camp (SPARK! Night—July 14).
Each day kids will participate in a different art or craft project including t-shirt design, jewelry making, crayon sculpture molds, painting and set design. There is an additional fee of $10 to cover art supplies for each child. We will showcase the student artwork in an art gallery at the end of camp (SPARK! Night—July 14).
2018 SPARK HIGHLIGHTS