We’re taking the party to your neighborhood!
Get your small group, BFG class, friends, or family together and host a block party on October 31st. This is a great way to make connections with the people who live around you! CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP TODAY!
The Block Party is not the end game, relationships are. We don’t want people to just stop by for some apple cider. We aim to provide an atmosphere in which it is easy and comfortable to engage with our neighbors.
How it works:
- First, sign-up with your family, BFG, or small group. If you don’t already have a group, do not worry—we will find a group for you.
- Canaan will provide you with a pack of fliers. Use these to invite your neighbors over on Halloween night! Simply hand deliver or slip these in the front doors of several homes on your block a few days before Halloween. We want people to feel free just to “drop by”.
- Each group will be provided with Canaan info to pass out to block party guests. Group leaders will be notified when materials are ready for pick-up prior to the block party.
Tips on creating an atmosphere that makes connecting to people easy:
- Do you have a fire pit? Have it lit up and ready to roast marshmallows or make s’mores.
- Consider grilling hot dogs, make some chili, provide cookies, etc.
- Have tons of candy!!! You may even want to give away small toys, glow sticks, etc.
- Putting yard games out in your driveway is another great way to encourage people to stick around.
- You can be as creative as you want for this event—customize for your home, neighborhood, or group.
So why do this?
- We want to engage with people in our neighborhoods that go house to house on Halloween night, and create a fun, welcoming atmosphere.
- Great opportunity to make connections with people and to show them the love of Jesus.
- Perfect opportunity to fellowship with your small group, class, family and friends while also connecting with the community.
- We can make connections with hundreds of people—many who might never come to Canaan’s campus otherwise.